Friday, January 30, 2009

Sawadee Kha!

That means Hello in Thai. Which is one of the two words I know. 
I just finished up my first week of TESOL training. Today we did our first practice teaching in front of the class, mine went less then perfect. It's pretty difficult to use simple language and explain English in front of everyone. Next Friday we all get to teach a lesson at a local school here in Thailand. I'm pretty excited to see what is like in a foreign school. 
Everything else is going great! I've been going to the University after school to throw the Frisbee around and watch the English boys play soccer with the local Thais. The weather is prefect, just about 80 degrees. The resort were a staying at is right outside the main part of Chiang Mai so we get a nice taste for the local culture. At lunch we just walked to the dozen of street stalls and grab an omelet with rice for 10 baht (30 cents). We love to hang out (looter) at 7-11 because they are literally every two feet, I had a proper slurpee last night! (Oh yeah, along with learning Thai I've picked up a good amount of British lingo)
I just found out I don't have to be in Korea until Feb 28,  a week later then I originally thought. Which is cool because now I have a two weeks to go the beach and check out some of the islands down south. But my visa runs out on the 20th so I have to make a weekend trip out of the country, I was thinking Laos?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment