Sunday, February 15, 2009

Goodbye Chiang Mai ... Hello Kho Chang!

i just finished packing up my bags and checking out of the hotel. What a process trying to refit all my air-tight bags back in to my suitcases, but somehow I managed to make it all fit a little better then the first time. I plan to leave one of my suitcases in Bangkok while Im down at the beaches. Lacy, Brittany, the English boys and I are catching a night bus at 7 pm to Bangkok and we should arrive around 7 am Monday. Then we are getting the next bus (and ferry) to Kho Chang! I am so excited for some R & R in the sun.
I survived my visa run to Myanmar. It was the worst car ride I've ever been on! All twelve seats of the mini-van were full, the driver must have thought he was 4 wheeling. The ride was so bumpy and jerky, two people got sick and I was really close to being the third. Myanmar reminded me of Tijuana, nothing special. We literally walked across the border got our passports stamps, turned around and walked right back into Thailand. Overall the trip took about 9 hours, which isn't too bad but its just one of those annoying inconveniences of traveling.
i am sad to leave Chiang Mai and all the new friends I've meet. Now I've got friends to visit all over China, Korea and Thailand. It has been a lot of fun and a great experience.
P.S. I actually let my hair air dry for the first time in my life and its straight! I am a believer in this Japanese hair striaghting! It will be perfect for my holiday on the islands!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment