Monday, March 16, 2009

Erin go' Korea




Saturday was another eventful outing in Seoul. It started with a little St. Patrick's day festival and parade in the center of town. It was pretty much a meet up of the foreigners in the metropolitan area looking for an excuse to wear ridiculous green outfits. There was some traditional Irish music and not much else... besides the free Guinness!!!! (which was almost identifiably watered down). Brittany and I tried to gulp down as much free beer as we could before our poor limbs couldn't take the cold anymore. We continued our festivities indoors at some of the local pubs running into a few friends. I am always shocked every time I run into someone I know here. In a city of 10 million and out the thousands of bars, what are the chances I see the handful people I know every time I am out. Later on we headed out in Hondgea to get the dance party started. We did some major bar hopping adding and losing some friends along the way, and finally finding the anticipated dance floor around 2am. The club was playing some quality techno house tunes, just my style and one of the many reasons I know I am going to have an amazing year in Seoul. But once again we found ourselves in the 4am how do we get home predicament? And there are really only a few options, pay for the expensive cab ride all the way home, keep dancing till they kick us out of the club or go eat somewhere until the metro starts running. Of course we chose to have our favorite fourth meal of the day. Thanks goodness we were with one meat eater, otherwise they refuse to serve two vegetarians because to Koreans that qualifies as not eating. After a very filling Korean spread it was finally time to call it wrap and catch the train home and I think I can proudly say I celebrated my heritage in true Irish fashion, with a marathon binge!

No comments:

Post a Comment